Upstate students helped honor those who have donated their bodies to the medical university’s anatomical gift program in a service Saturday at Hendricks Chapel.
It was the 32nd such memorial service, and was presented by students from Upstate’s College of Medicine Class of 2016, Doctor of Physical Therapy Class of 2015 and Physician Assistant Class of 2014.
In addition to words from Upstate faculty, a donor’s son and representatives from University Hospital Spiritual Care, the ceremony featured Upstate students paying tribute in artistic ways:
- piano performances by medical students Elizabeth Wei, Delia Vahey and Brandon King.
- a guitar solo by medical student Marie Fleury.
- a poem by medical student Danielle Schenone.
- a reflection by Physical Therapy student Ann Iannotta.
- a plaque inscription by Physician Assistant student Carol Conolly.
- a mural designed and painted by Mani Yahyavi-Tajabadi and other medical students.