Health Library is composed of disease & condition fact sheets that provide comprehensive, yet concise evidence-based information on a variety of health conditions, diseases and injuries. Health Library introduces a new feature, a Symptom Checker tool, which resides on the index and article pages within Health Library, as displayed below.
Symptom checker features:
- Symptom Checker access point is a button in the right navigation area of all content pages in the Health Library
- To close the Symptom Checker, simply click the ‘close X’ in the right corner of tool
- Available in English and Spanish
- Navigate by Gender, Age, and Body Region
- 17 Body Regions available linking to nearly 300 Symptom Fact sheets
- Symptom Fact sheets are written in basic medical terminology for the larger population
- Content is Evidence-based and reviewed annually
- Symptom Fact sheets includes the following information:
- Home Care
- When Should I call My Doctor?
- When Should I call for Medical Help Right Away?
- Symptom Fact sheets have in-line links to additional condition and procedure content in the Health Library
Visit Health Library today view the Symptom Checker too. Find out how to contact a reference librarian and learn more.
Contact us by:
- E-Mail using the Ask A Librarian Form
- Calling the Library Service Desk (315)464-4581
- Visiting the desk while a reference librarian is on duty
Reference Desk Hours
Monday – Friday (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM or by appointment)
Saturday (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM)