What’s Your Apptitude? First Consult Mobile App
Welcome to What’s your App-titude –
Our monthly post to share information about Health Sciences mobile apps!
Our featured app this month is First Consult from MD Consult.
First Consult for Point-of-Care Evidence Based Answers to Clinical Questions
- Browse Medical Topics, and Differential Diagnosis
- View Clinical Presentations, Prevention and Treatment
- Retrieve updated peer-reviewed practice guidelines
- Access First Consult point of care content without direct data connection
How do I download the First Consult App?
- From the Library home page at library.upstate.edu, select MD Consult from the Popular Links list
“Create an account” from within the institution’s database access
- Open the App Store on your mobile iPhone/iPad device
Search for “First Consult“ Click “Free” “Install App“
- Click “I use First Consult and know my username”
Enter your MD Consult username and password (from the personal account created) and start using the First Consult App!
*Visit First Consult via the MD Consult database directly to access
- Full text articles from over 80 journals and clinics
- Over 13,000 patient education handouts
- Procedures integral to the practice of medicine
- Patient education by conditions, treatments, medications and specialty